Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Has anyone whose baby has had a stroke at birth sought legal advice or brought a lawsuit against the hospital?

My daughter had a stroke at birth and I was wondering what legal options I have due to the financial burden on my family and the loss of my income. Please do not answer unless this applies to you.


Thank you.Has anyone whose baby has had a stroke at birth sought legal advice or brought a lawsuit against the hospital?
First off I am sorry for your loss. The first thing I would do is request a copy of the medical records for yourself and for the baby then consult a medical malpractice attorney. It is pretty hard to win a malpractice suit because you have to prove the the hospital or the staff where neglegent and that it could have been prevented.Has anyone whose baby has had a stroke at birth sought legal advice or brought a lawsuit against the hospital?
My cousin and his wife have a 17 month old little girl who was diagnosed with having had a stroke before birth. They were not able to tell when it actually happened, though. No, they have not sought out legal advice or even discussed a lawsuit. From what they have told me, it is not due to anything that doctors did, but rather just something that happens sometimes. Their medical insurance pays for their daughter's therapy, treatments, and doctors visits. They both work, though. I think you can probably find financial assistance via various organizations. I'd start with your doctor first and see if he/she has any suggestions of groups who help families with children with disabilities. Your local hospital may also have a resource center of support groups as well. You could check with a lawyer, but I don't think your daughter's condition will be considered grounds for malpractice.
Just because your baby had a stroke, doesn't mean that it is the hospitals fault.





You would have to be able to prove that a doctor or nurse caused the damage in order to think about a lawsuit.





If a doctor or nurse didn't cause it, nobody is at fault.





My neighbors daughter had a seizure a few hours after birth and tried to get a lawsuit going but were not able to because it was the baby who was ';defected'; and it was not on the hospital staff.Stephanie is now mentally challenged and in special day classes.





Good luck
Your baby had a stroke at birth and now you want the hospital to be financially responsible for it? What if it wasn't their fault? I can't imagine the difficulties this must cause for you, but some things we just have to accept as truth and deal with with out blaming someone.
This has never happened to me but I am very sorry to hear about this ... May I suggest you get a pro bono lawyer ? , Thats when you pay them when they win your lawsuit ... Again I am very sorry to hear about this and I will pray for your family XOXO
this does not apply to me...but i just wanted to say that you are in my prayers and i hope your baby is doing well and recovering..so sorry you had to go through this..
tough situation to be in


my aunt's daughter died 2 hrs after birth


not the hospital's fault, is it

No comments:

Post a Comment