Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What percentage of people do you think are actually seeking sound advice when asking Yahoo questions?

I have tried to give well thought out answers to help people solve their problems only to have them choose the least intellegent answer from the pack. Its not that I think mine are the very best but it looks like in many cases the asker never intended to choose a decent answer. Are you guys running into this? Am I mistaken and this forum is largely for pure fun? Maybe this forum should be divided in two parts? Your thoughts and observations will be appreciated.What percentage of people do you think are actually seeking sound advice when asking Yahoo questions?
I know its flipping annoying isn't it? I spend a long time thinking out helpful answers and then a best answer is picked when it is totally stupid. I think this form is a mix of people trying to help (like you and me) and people who are just taking the p**s.





Still we keep trying don't we?! If I help at least one person then it is worth it.What percentage of people do you think are actually seeking sound advice when asking Yahoo questions?
i have noticed that too. i think more than half the people are just killing time.
I would think it's rather a small percentage, most questions can be answered easily with a search engine.


I think most people just want to post for fun, get opinions etc.
About 1.5% of the questions actually seem to have serious or pertinent intent to anything. The forum seems to be what it is by whom participates. To me most apparently serious questions are usually someones agenda and most of the over 50% questions and answers are just playing around waste of time below the second grade level of competence. Recommendation: Since it easy to waste time here be careful, because your time is worth allot more than just to be trivialized and your painstaking answers to be spat and stomped on like you are an idiot. Good luck with Yahoo! answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment