Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Where can someone with a short supply of money go to seek advice/therapy/help? I would love it if it were free?

I am having a hard time dealing with... well everything right now. I am having problems with work, relationships, life in general, myself, I need someone to talk to but I don't want to go to a therapist since I think that will end up costing too much money and I really am short on money now and can't afford to be using it on therapy but I can't stand how I am feeling now and really need to talk to someone about it but I am not good at all with telling people how I feel and honestly don't know who to turn to because I can't talk to my family about it, I don't have too many friends and the ones I do I don't feel right talking to them about my personal life. I just need help so please can someone point me in the right direction. I am seriously begging you for help. I just don't know what to do anymore.Where can someone with a short supply of money go to seek advice/therapy/help? I would love it if it were free?
We couldn't afford a psychologist, so we opted for a certified social worker (who was working towards their degree). They did charge a good deal less.Where can someone with a short supply of money go to seek advice/therapy/help? I would love it if it were free?
Call a crisis line. My friend used to work at one and she was a liscensed mental health professional. You can call even if you aren't having the kind of crisis where your considering suicide or something. People call when they have lost a loved pet or for any variety of reasons. Your community may have support groups, which are almost always free, for people facing specific issues. These are usually held at churches. You will have to look around to find one.
In Australia you can call Lifeline for free... is there something like that there? That would be my suggestion!





Also, go to your local library and start reading You Can Heal Your Life and similar self-help... help yourself whilst you try to find others!





I wish you the best of luck!
Look in your area phone book for community mental health centers. Call around and find out if any of them offer sliding scale fees. Sliding scale fees are based on your income, so if you don't make a lot, you don't spend a lot.
The answerer above has good advice
  • cosmetics
  • hand cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment