Friday, January 8, 2010

The backseat of my 2001 VW Beetle is stuck upright. Any advice before I have to seek a mechanic?

On the back of the seat, there is a zipper. Under the zipper is a bracket with 2 hex screws. I would look in this area for anything restricting the movement. I would also look at the 2 points where it swivels, on the outer bottom back edges of the seat. If there is nothing obstructing the movement in those areas, and you're depressing the big button on the top of the back seat, and it still doesn't move, then you probably do need a mechanic involved.


Just another quick thing - when you try to put the backrest portion of the seat down, have you at that point pulled forward (using cloth tab) and flipped up the seat portion of the back seat? Because the backrest portion will not budge unless the seat portion is first flipped up.The backseat of my 2001 VW Beetle is stuck upright. Any advice before I have to seek a mechanic?
First check all around to see if there is any obstacle there or lock in wrong position.


if no obstacles,u press it inward and press down.


It has to sit in position and get locked on the clip on system.


if u r unable to do it,just go to a auto panel beater to get it fixed.


U dont break anything by trying,if u are not sure.





take careThe backseat of my 2001 VW Beetle is stuck upright. Any advice before I have to seek a mechanic?
WRITE TO MY SON E-MAIL:: MOTORSPORTSPEEDFREAK@YAHOO.COM HE IS A MASTER MECHANIC FOR V W

No comments:

Post a Comment