Friday, January 8, 2010

Seeking advice from anyone with an Ebay Store/Ebay experience?

I alway wanted to have a tack shop and eBay seems like a logical choice to have one. Does anyone have an eBay store that can give me some pointers on how to proceed, what to stock, what to avoid etc? I would appreciate hearing from folks who have some actual experience. Thank you!Seeking advice from anyone with an Ebay Store/Ebay experience?
Your're right in thinking eBay is the perfect place for a tack shop, however there is quite a bit of competition in selling tack and consumables relating to horse riding.





You also have to make sure you concentrate on a specific niche, ie; saddlery or rugs or grooming products, etc and ensure you sort out your supply chain before you start selling.





The best possible thing I can recommend is Make Your Net Auction Sell, (MYNAS), an ebook which is your one-stop complete guide to building a successful Internet auction business.





The approach is unique and powerful and you will not read this in any other auction book, at any price, anywhere on or off the Net.





Ken Evoy of SiteSell sold the first version of this book at $30 for years. Now, they allow sitesell members to give it to you free for one very good reason... While you will know enough to follow all the ideas and strategies on your own, they hope that once you see the power and quality of this process, that you will use their flagship product to execute the strategies... but that is completely up to you.





No matter what you choose to do, you will gain invaluable and useful information. So you can't lose.





I have used the strategies and advice in the book to set up succesful ebay shops relating to both my www.localriding.com and www.antique-mark.com websites





You should open it and save it now, its free, then read it twice before trying to setup your tack shop.Seeking advice from anyone with an Ebay Store/Ebay experience?
I just bought a Stubben saddle 2 days ago and then got 2 alerts from Ebay saying that they thought this was a fraudulent transaction and that they wanted me to report it to Paypal and my credit card company - I'm pissed to say the least.


I've bought stuff off Ebay for a few years and this is the first time something like this has ever happened and it will be interesting to see how much help Ebay and Paypal are with this.
A friend of mine has a tack shop in Ca %26amp; sells stuff on the side. What I see is that people want cheap price things. She gets E mails often people offering prices too cheap. Like below her coast of a saddle. Then they(Pay Pal) do not pay you the ';owner'; all your money at one time. But selling little items move. But then shipping coasts, they charge by the size of the box not by the weight of the box. To ship a saddle it is not cheap.... If you have more questions you can Email me. Hope this helps.
Ebay has a wonderful help section on running a store. I don't think you will find better advice anywhere else. Have been considering opening one myself to sell my handknits.

No comments:

Post a Comment