Friday, January 8, 2010

How much is it to just seek advice from a law firm?

how much would that cost?


~I moved out of my apartment in July, 2008


~I paid the Rent for August, 2008


~my least ends December 15, 2008


~I gave my landlord a 30 day notice end of June, just like the lease says I should do If I'm going to move out. I lost my job so I wouldn't be able to handle anymore rents.


~landlord says that If I pay for August and leave before the second week of August I don't have to paid for the remaining months on my lease. That's what I did.


~My water and Electricity was turned off end of July because I couldn't afford to pay for them for the month of August. I lived pay check to pay check.


~ My landlord kept my deposit and said that things in my apartment were broken. like the sink, but I remember telling the lady directing when we did the walk-through that the sink was wobbling. It's not broken, it wobbles.


~Today my landlord is trying to get me to pay Extra Rent %26amp; Extra for damage that I didn't Do?


~Even if my landlord kept the deposit, the total my landlord wants me to pay is 2 months worth of rent.


~ SHould I pay it? I have all the information. Except my landlord never gave me a copy of my 30-notice. Still have not gotten my deposit back.How much is it to just seek advice from a law firm?
I can guarantee you that the cost of a lawyer will far exceed the amount you owe your landlord.





Unless you got something in writing stating that you are not responsible for the remainder of the lease, you are still responsible for the rent until the lease ends.





Regarding the extra damage, you don't list the extra damage. Get an itemized list of damage. If the sink is wabbly, it is damaged and isn't a normal wear and tear expected, so you are responsible.





Did you do a walk through before you moved in? If not, take this as a lesson learned in the importance of a careful walk through both before and after you move in.

No comments:

Post a Comment