Friday, January 8, 2010

Can I Seek Advice from my Ex-fiance's sister?

Hello. I just separated from my fiance of two years. I am having a hard time getting over the breakup because a part of me still has feelings for him but I realize that it was time to let go. We separated because he gave me chlamydia last year and I chose to stay with him but after one year, I still couldn't overcome my doubt and feelings about him. Everyone on both sides of the family know why we are separated. I don't have too many female friends to talk to about this, but I was pretty close to my fiance's sister. Would it be appropriate for me to talk to her about how I am feeling? I'm kind of in between because I don't want to put her in an awkward position by talking about how I feel about her brother, but I also need to talk to someone who is a little older than myself and more experienced. This has been my first and only relationship so I'm not sure if I am dealing with everything okay.Can I Seek Advice from my Ex-fiance's sister?
Wrong person. Totally unfair to her. Don't you have ANYONE else? Your mom, a sister-in-law, the next door neighbor? A co-worker (leave out the STD, just vaguely talk about cheating), someone at the bus stop? Seriously, ANYONE but her. She will tell him what you say.Can I Seek Advice from my Ex-fiance's sister?
If she's comfortable with it, and the two of you were already close during the relationship; then I don't see a problem with it as a temporary means of support. You really should try to expand your network of friends though. Go to community events, join a group related to your interests... etc.. etc.. That will not only be good for you in the long run, but it will also help get your mind off the recent split.





Best of luck to you in this trying time.
Don't involve her. You need to see this guy for what he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment