Monday, December 21, 2009

Do you seek the advice of your significant other when making decisions?

My wife is ';tuned into me'; with an extremely high accuracy rate. We complement each other perfectly....I know her and she knows me (better than I know myself!). Faced with making major decisions, I always bounce things off of her to see what I'm not seeing or ';getting.'; The result is that it always gets me to see the whole picture and not just what I want to see.


A good basic example: 2 month's ago I felt that I really, really needed a new plasma TV....and I wanted it now! My wife said, ';OK, but why not wait until Christmas when we can probably get a fantastic deal on it?'; I calmed myself down and let her good sense seep in. The end result was that listening to her saved us over $500....which is now sitting in our vacation fund!Do you seek the advice of your significant other when making decisions?
When I was married to my ex, I'd always get confirmation or opinion from her prior to making a decision, unless she had already stated it was entirely mine to make.





However, due to maternal gatekeeping, she saw fit to take instruction from her so-called mother (who used to beat her other two children) and act on those instructions about our child, without even a htought of asking me for input.Do you seek the advice of your significant other when making decisions?
Well, it depends on the decision.





I wouldn't bother to canvass opinions about what type of coffee to buy, but for a major decision I do like to get the views of people I respect, so yes, I would certainly speak to my partner in that case.





Cheers :-)
When I'm unsure, always, as well as anyone and everyone else whose opinion I value.





If I feel sure, I still will at least run it by my partner, and anyone else who the decision will effect.





We do this for one another, and believe it's part of being a couple, works well for us so far =o)
Yes, of course. And he seeks mine. We're a team. Why wouldn't I?





When his son (now an adult) was growing up, he didn't ask my advice, he told me what he and the boy's mother were deciding. That was fine, as it wasn't my child and I knew the boy came first with his dad.
The only time I'd exclusively seek the advice of my significant other is when the issue would directly affect him. Otherwise, if I need advice, I'll ask anyone I know who happens to be in the vicinity.
I always did, prior to separation. My husband was very helpful; in pointing out different perspectives, alternative ideas, and giving general support when I needed it.





That's one of the toughest things to let go of and accept after separation.
It really depends what the decision is about. A purchase for the home, or a change in work schedules would be discussed. As far as trying a new fashion style or taking up a new hobby and/or class, that would be a personal decision.



Whenever I need advice, I ask my partner/soul-mate. He is my best friend.
Depends on the decision.





What color should I die my hair? No.


Let's go out to dinner, what sounds good? Yes.
In most decisions that pertain to us or our home, yes.
When the decision would affect him, yes I do.
Yeah even though I don't want to sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment