Thursday, December 31, 2009

We recently painted our dining room an evergreen and are seeking advice on drape color.?

The dining room has the original unpainted dark wood work with a built in seat and a built in buffet with leaded glass. I am thinking of a medium shade of grey for the drapes but my husband isn't convinced that it will match. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.We recently painted our dining room an evergreen and are seeking advice on drape color.?
I would go with a soft ivory color or mushroom or taupe its earthy like the evergreen walls. I'm kind of siding with your husband. I would choose warm tones over cool tones.





Good luck.We recently painted our dining room an evergreen and are seeking advice on drape color.?
I agree with your husband but not because it won't match...it will look cold. You want a dining room to be warm and inviting. How about a soft goldish-yellow?
Khaki and evergreen are`a superb combo...very transitional, goes with a lot of different decorating styles; everything from traditional, to country, to contemporary, southwest, lodge, lots of different styles. The drapes don't ';have'; to be solid...stripes, plaids, florals, abstracts, any pattern that incorporates a little bit of the evergreen would be wonderful.





Sorry, but I'd stay away from the gray. : (

No comments:

Post a Comment