Monday, December 28, 2009

Should religions be allowed to tell their followers not to seek medical advice?

Do you think if Tom Cruise hadn't been a scientologist they would have caught his heart problems before he died?Should religions be allowed to tell their followers not to seek medical advice?
I assume you mean brain dead.....Should religions be allowed to tell their followers not to seek medical advice?
It's evolution man. Let let the stupid perish and the smart survive.
Yes, religions should be allowed to tell their followers not to seek medical advice. People are not and should never be under any obligation to extend their lives using the resources of medicine or anything else. We are all free to live...and die...according to our own values.





BTW, do you have a source for the Tom Cruise story...I've seen several questions about him today that state or imply that he died but can find no evidence to back that up on the major online news sites.
Wow, way to start a rumor about Tom LOL He's not dead yet.





So, yeah, I think religion should totally be allowed this- My former family was Christian Scientist.





And frankly, althoguh I hate to admit it and was medically rescued rom death twice, I gotta tell you:





There are way too many people on this cramped Earth. We have no room to separete the warring tribes, we are killing the environment, etc., and you know what?





We shoudln't be living till 90 on 15 medicines.





We are supposed to come here, live 40 years, leave maybe three or four grandchildren behind when they are little, and be done with it.





That is our DNA.





Technology and this damned neocortex have made us think we can live forever.





And we can't.





And we're ruining the earth and the economy for future generations.





We should all just deny medicine and let the chips fall where they may.





The people we keep will all be lost one day anyway.


Including you and me.
No, but a person should have a choice if they want medical attention or not.





Being this is a free country I want to make my own choices, not some one else making them for me. If I want to die in my own home, I want that choice, not to be forced into being hooked up to machines so the hospital can rake in thousands of dollars a week while there is no chance I will improve.





As for being told by a religious leader whatever, that you should not seek medical, or any other advice, and the people agree, they are true followers, mindless, unthinking, programmable robots, and I feel sorry for them. Or do I?





Sorry to be blunt, but if you will not stand up for yourself nor your rights, no one else will either.
Unfortunately it must be allowed, but denying medical help from minors, mentally ill and mentally handicapped should be illegal.


Atheist.
HE'S DEAD!!?!??! WHATT?
No religions should not be allowed to forbid their congregation to go to the doctor. That is so wrong, many have died because of that. That is not what religion should be about, we should all try to help and encourage one another. If one is sick, encourage them to seek medical help.
I think people of a certain age should be able to have a say in their own medical beliefs. I only have problems when people decide for their children. Adults who listen to such idiocy only strengthen the gene pool by eliminating themselves from it eventually.
I don't think any religion has the right to stop anyone from getting medical help. Did he really die? I looked it up and some of what I found says he died of heart attack and others I have found said he did not die, and I haven't heard anything on the news. My son just Google about Tom Cruise and it said he did not die, that it is just an internet rumor going around, but he did fall. Blessings
No, they should not be allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment