Monday, December 21, 2009

When people are severely depressed, don't they seek advice from parents, teachers, colleagues?

I see too many tragic cases of self-cutting, drugs, teenage crimes and suicides.When people are severely depressed, don't they seek advice from parents, teachers, colleagues?
A huge amount of people don't know they are depressed or what to do if they were. Understand there still is a stigma attached to it called mental illness which is not always the case. When a person is so severely depressed they are not asking anyone for help, but they will act it out as a cry for help instead.When people are severely depressed, don't they seek advice from parents, teachers, colleagues?
Young people may not seek advice about personal problems because they're not aware they need it or that it is available. Its natural to lack insight when such problems first arise in life.





If you know someone involved in self-cutting, drugs, crime or that is considering suicide, consider an intervention. This involves getting friends, family and teachers together and sitting down with the person and directly telling them that they need help such as rehab or psychiatric care and arranging for it when (hopefully) agree to it.
I used to do a few of those things and the reason I did not speak with a teacher or parent or anything is because I felt that I would be looked at differently from then on, and the rare occasion that somebody commented on me not seeming happy, it really wasn't taken seriously, so I have leaned over the years to help myself. Having a best friend/boyfriend who really cares about you helps.
Some do and others have already and it isn't helping them. Besides in todays age we treat those like them in need as abnormal freaks? But are we so different? I am that person you see a tragic case but now I have a place where I get help, meds, and treatment.
Some do, some don't. I use to cut all the time as a release from the world, but it really was never worth it. I got attention, but it made me feel crazier....my whole world went tumbling. So I agree that it's a tragedy...maybe you can help!
not every likes to share their feelings and problems...so no not everyone tells someone when they are depressed...i didnt for about 2 years then i finally told my mom
Some do %26amp; some don't

No comments:

Post a Comment