Monday, December 21, 2009

What legal advice can I seek when a tree falls on my car in a private property?

I went shopping yesterday, was nice and sunny. While I was in the store my license plate number was announced so I went to check my car and one of the workers told me a tree fell on my car. I just want to know I can I go about this?What legal advice can I seek when a tree falls on my car in a private property?
If you have comprehensive(full coverage)..contact your insurance company. If you don't,do you know/can you find out if anyone owns the property where the tree was?hopefully your car was parked legally?if so you can make a claim against their insurance,else you can try to sue in small claims court.What legal advice can I seek when a tree falls on my car in a private property?
Ask your insurance company. They most likely reimburse you for your car. It wasn't your fault. If you are really pissed off about it you could even sue the store that the parking lot belongs to.
YOU DON'T NEED LEGAL ADVICE YOU NEED A CHAINSAW...YOU CAN'T SUE ANYBODY FOR AN ACT OF GOD. AND TREE BRANCHES FALLING ARE AN ACT OF GOD...PEOPLE LIKE YOU TIE UP OUR COURTS FOR MONEY...COURTS ARE FOR LOCKING UP CRIMINALS, NOT TO GET YOU ASSISTANCE IN FIXING YOUR CAR!!!
I am neither a lawyer nor an insurance expert, but I imagine that your policy would call this an ';act of God'; and would therefore not be covered. I imagine that you could file a claim in small claims court against the owner of the retail outlet where you parked where they may also claim the aforementioned. On the other hand they may settle with you just to save them the expense of their legal counsel having to appear in court.
You'll have to take that up with your insurance. They have the lawyers if there is a right to sue someone. But I don't think you can do anything about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment