Thursday, December 31, 2009

I usually train myself to recognize the notes when hearing them and I am seeking advice.?

When hearing a note, I try, first, to recognize which note it is among the twelve notes of the chromatic scale and after I try to determine the octave.





Could you give my some advice?I usually train myself to recognize the notes when hearing them and I am seeking advice.?
I agree pretty much with the previous poster. It's called relative pitch. I am a string player so I can sing a A 440 at almost anytime of the day. I use that A to work through the scale and find the ';note in question.'; So I would suggest that you get A or some other note in your head (make sure it's concert pitch) and sing through your scale until you find the match.


Hope this helps.I usually train myself to recognize the notes when hearing them and I am seeking advice.?
Try to have been born with perfect pitch.





Haha. Anyway, some people like to listen to a particular note (usually A, for obvious reasons) all the time so they can get that note ingrained in their head. Also, I think it is common for string players to be able to tell their open strings. Once you can get one note, you can easily derive any other notes from it using relative pitch.





This is all if you don't have perfect pitch, of course. I do, so it's hard for me to comprehend not having it. But these are the things I've heard from other people.
  • makeup tutorial
  • sunscreen
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment